Thursday, June 13, 2013

Freedom

An older women approached my booth and quietly picked out a wall vase. She seemed unsure of herself so I started to chat with her to put her at ease.




She said that she was visiting from Palestine. She had family in the area so that made the trip a bit easier. A smile came across her face, as she confided that this was the first time she had ever been in public without her husband. The vase purchase was a token of remembrance of this momentous day.



She was not completely alone on this trip. She was shopping with her teenage son. He then smiled and waved as I looked around to see him. He was watching from one of the other booths.



She was so happy for this new-found freedom. Here in america she found courage…..



Thank you for reminding me of all small victories….



to appreciate all that I have in my life…



Thank you for sharing your celebration with me…

No comments:

Post a Comment